Monday, April 25, 2011

Fitblogger Challenge: Week 3

It's week 3 in the Fitblogger Challenge and guess what??? I won the MyTrak!! Woohoo!  I'm pretty psyched about this...the hope being that using this will give me a boost in my losing this weight.

Last weeks goal was to drink 64 oz of water each day. I can't say I was 100% successful but I was very close.  One thing I noticed was that I had more energy and that I didn't feel as bloated as I usually feel.  Plus....I lost 2 pounds over the week!  Granted, it's probably water weight...but, I'll take it.

I'm still eating the salad...had some 5 days last week. I also was able to walk 4 days out of the week...I'm trying to keep that up.

Next week's goal:  I was reading Karen's goals at Waisting Time about getting a little zen in your life and I've realized that having some some balance...peace...zen...is something that's missing with me.  I feel like I'm in this constant state of stress.  I had an anxiety attack early Sunday morning...haven't had one of those in  a long time.  But, I've got some personal stuff going on and a big review of the center I work at this week and my stress level feels like a level ten. 
This morning I decided it's important that I get some balance back in my life.  So, I pulled out my Bible and did some reading. I think I'll start the day doing this instead of at the end of the day like I have been...and falling asleep in the process.
The plan also is to get to bed on time every night.  I'm trying for 7 hours.
I also have another way of chilling.  I love watching these guys!
I hatched them out in my classroom last Monday.  There is something very calming just watching them scratch around their cage and peep.

Here's to a less stress week!

1 comment:

  1. I'm jealous! Good for you getting your zen on. Funny thing is yesterday I actually tried a yoga DVD and zen isn't even my official goal anymore. But I need it. Sigh.

    ReplyDelete